SHRM Student Chapters
Many area colleges and universities offer courses of study in Human Resource Management and have student chapters affiliated with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Student chapters are useful to students to develop networks, learn from speakers, meet HR practitioners already working in the field, and to prepare for certification exams. Currently, there are 18 SHRM Student Chapters across Florida. Find your nearest SHRM student chapter by calling (954) 815-8400 or visit SHRM on the web.
SHRM and the HR Florida State Council support the various student chapters throughout the state. Click here for information on the following:
- Establishing and maintaining student chapters
- Information on internship and job opportunities
- Information on undergraduate and graduate programs
- Platform for student chapters and advisors to share knowledge and best practices
Often, there are questions about the differences between student and professional membership. Registering for student membership while working towards you degree, allows you to become a member of SHRM at a reduced rate and provides you information about:
- current trends and topics in human resources
- networking opportunities
- acquiring experience by serving in a leadership role
HR Florida Student Game Competition
All active student chapters within the State of Florida are invited to participate in our annual student games competition, which will be held in conjunction with our annual Leadership Conference held in January of each year. Put your HR knowledge to the test with a team of your peers and compete. Teams of 2-6 students compete in two separate divisions (graduate and undergraduate), collaborating with their teammates to present the solution to a panel of HR-certified volunteer judges through a 15-minute oral presentation and 2-page executive written summary.
The winners (1 graduate team and 1 undergraduate team) of the HR Florida Student Games will each receive $2,500 (per team) towards the next SHRM Regional Student Conference and games competition AND complimentary registrations to the next HR Florida Conference & Expo, all compliments of HR Florida. The winning team at SHRM's regional competition will receive $2,500 and complimentary registration to SHRM's Annual Conference, compliments of SHRM.
2016 Student Games
Our 2016 Student Games will be held January 6-7, 2017, in conjunction with the annual HR Florida Leadership Conference being held at the Hilton Orlando. Click here to learn more about this competition, including the rules, regulations and Code of Conduct.
- Registration will be open in August, 2016 for our Student Games Case Competition to be held in in 2017.
2015 Undergraduate Champions
University of Central Florida
2015 Graduate Champions
Past State Champions
- 2014 - University of Central Florida (Undergraduate) | The Florida Institute of Technology (Graduate)
- 2013 – University of Central Florida (Undergraduate)
- 2012 – University of Central Florida
- 2011 – Florida Institute of Technology